Our patented High Active (HA) technology is an active material-independent coating technology. It puts an electronically conductive coating on the active material that eliminates the need for diluent carbon in the electrode formulation and reduces the amount of binder needed, which significantly densifies the coated electrode (>98.5% active material by mass).
The HA technology increases specific energy (Wh/kg), energy density (Wh/L), and power density (W/L) for your chemistry. Processing of materials using the HA technology requires significantly less N-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidone (NMP) or water and can be reproducibly coated as thin or thick electrodes. These advantages increase production speed, reduce cost, and lessen the environmental impact of battery production.
- Equivalent cathode utilization (mAh/g) in electrodes with 98.5% active material
- Rapid, solvent-free coating process of cathode powders
- Longer shelf life due to removal of high surface area carbons
- Enables electrode loadings >35 mg/cm2 and electrode densities >3.5 g/cc
- Up to 90% reduction in binder and 50% reduction in NMP needed to cast materials